Monday, September 13, 2004

 

Reflexes Aren't What They Used To Be? Try Word Games

I've noticed two things about arcade games over the last couple of decades. One: they require more skill and faster reflexes. Two: the older I get the less skillful I am and my reflexes slow down as well. Hence I like word games. I'm not worried about getting killed or falling off a cliff. I just have to come up with different words. I've always been good at that so those are my games.


USA Today has a puzzles web site where they have a daily crossword, daily jigsaw, and daily jumble. I did one of the crosswords and it is probably moderate level of difficulty. I haven't had time to try the jigsaw or jumble but like I said I move slower now then I did a couple decades back.


Shockwave provides the word gamer with Text Twist, a word jumble game . You can play it online, download, or buy it. It presents you with six letters. You are asked to make as many 3-letter+ words as you can. To qualify for the next round of play, you must find the one and only 6-letter word that can be made of each jumble. If you're going to play online, the initial loading can be slow on a dial up connection but not awful.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?