Saturday, May 15, 2004

 

Are You A Man Or A Woman?

A site called Gender Genie claims to be able to determine the sex of a writer if given a sample of writing. When I tried it with a sample of my writing it correctly determined I was a man. It claims to have about 80% prediction success. My boss (a woman) tried this and the Genie determined she was a man. Only 50% by my count. Also it claims its success rate for 20th century writers only. That could be true since when I copied some text from Jack London's "Call of the Wild" it suggested the writer was a woman. Try it and see how it works for you.

Comments:
I am a woman but the Gender Genie incorrectly predicted that I am male based on a 358 word sample text: Female Score: 353 Male Score: 623
I ran the test twice with different samples and got the same prediction.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?